Tips that our children are not afraid of the dark – Sleeping with the lights turned off so the most frightening thing for some children. Does that include your child? If so, the following tips so that your child is not afraid of the dark, as reported by eHow:
1. Make sure the child if the fear she felt was a normal thing. Having said that, children can begin to overcome her fear because it was sharing his feelings.
2. Try talking to kids about what things of darkness that frightened him. By knowing more specifics, you can more easily help the child overcome his fear of it. For example, if a child is afraid of the dark because it will be visited by a ghost.
According to Muhammad Rizal, Psi from the Institute of Applied Psychology UI, as reported by detikHealth child actually does not recognize the concept that the ghosts are scary, but the environment was creating the concept.
Usually the child will be afraid of ghosts when you see the parents or the people around him terrified and screaming while watching movies or ads that show ghost. Therefore, parents should set an example of correct behavior by not instilling the assessment that the ghosts are scary, because basically the child is not afraid of ghosts.
3. Make children feel safe and comfortable way to convince him. Tell her she’s safe because you are actually sleeping not far from it. If the child is afraid of monsters, reassure him that the monster does not exist and will not hurt him. Though initially children may not be sure, what you say it at least makes it a bit quiet.
4. Offer on the little things that can make them feel safe, in addition to the lights of course. For example, by placing a favorite toy. You could also offer to accompany him for several minutes, while he began to fall asleep.
5. If the child is still afraid, you can put additional lights. These additional lights would dim its light more than the main lights that you power off when the baby slept. Make sure the lamp brightness is safe, so children do not awaken the child. Given this additional light, fear the child could be slightly reduced. Thus Tips that our children are not afraid of the dark, may be useful for all of us.