White Chocolate Strawberry Muffins Sweet and fresh – these muffins are a perfect after-school treat. Strawberries are one of my daughter’s favorite fruits and when they first come into season in spring, I can hardly keep enough in the house. Her favorite muffins are these strawberry white chocolate ones and they disappear fast.
Strawberry White Chocolate Mini Muffins
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup strawberries, diced small
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Starting the oven at a high temperature and then lowering it gives the muffins a nice round top.
makes 24 mini muffins
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners and lightly spray the liners with cooking oil spray. Set aside until needed.
2. In a bowl, stir to combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, stir to combine milk, sugar, and butter.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Add strawberries and white chocolate chips and gently fold in.
5. Fill the muffin liners 3/4 full with the batter. Place the muffin tin in the oven and immediately lower the heat to 400°F. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Carefully remove the muffins from the tin and allow to cool before serving.
By Meredith Steele